The CropRx fertility management program provides you with a comprehensive fertility management plan based on the needs of your specific field. Utilizing the Taralan MultiFactor System™ along with 30+ years of agronomic experience, a CropRx representative will work with you to develop a plan of action to improve the fertility balance across your entire field.
Site specific fertility management helps reduce over application of fertilizer while providing the proper amount of nutrients that your entire crop needs to achieve its yield potential. Site specific management does not mean grid sampling, although that can be a part of it. Our philosophy is to break the field down into smaller management units based on the characteristics of the field. While opinions on the methods and merits of site-specific farming practices still vary widely, the system has proven highly effective across a broad spectrum of soils, climates, and crops for over thirty years
A healthy plant will utilize all nutrients more efficiently, be less susceptible to stress, and take full advantage of good weather. Some of the benefits of proper plant nutrition are
- Increased yields and yield consistency
- Lower production cost per Bu/ton
- Improved crop quality
- Improved soil and crop management principles
- Agronomically sound application of inputs
- Enhanced land value by increasing fertility and yield potential
- Improved relative feed value of forage crops
- Reduced yield loss during crop stress years, i.e. drought
Nutrition is only one part of the picture but it is something you can control.